The Black Sessions Review

Katatonia: The Black Sessions
Released: Mar 29, 2005
Genre: Depressive Rock, Alternative Metal, Progressive Metal
Label: Peaceville
"The Black Sessions" is a fine representation of this wonderful band's last four albums. B-sides from each are featured here.
 9.9
 9.7
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
The Black Sessions Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 12, 2005

Sound: Katatonia isn't a very well known band in the USA, but I think they're awesome, and this CD is definitely the complete collection of their greatest hits. Every song on here is fucking awesome. The sound is nothing but creepy, depressing, heavy metal. Which is they way their kind of metal should be. Jonas, Anders, Fred, Mattias, and Daniel are the best at what they do, and that's write kick ass metal music. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are one of my favorite things about Katatonia. Some of them are beautiful, some of them are depressing, some of them are hateful, but all of them are brilliant. The lyrics are also very poetic. It's like Jonas tells a story in every song. // 10

Overall Impression: This CD is definitely worth the money to buy it. Every song on this CD is different, but beautiful in it's own way. Some are heavy, some are slow, and some are both, but all of them are fucking awesome! For those of you who don't know Katatonia, trust me, they are definitely worth listening to. Some stand out songs are "For My Demons," "Ghost Of The Sun," "Cold Ways," "Depression," and "Teargas," but all of them are good. // 10

Comments