Teenage Dream review by Katy Perry

• Released: Aug 24, 2010
  • Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Katy Perry: Teenage Dream

The sound of this album is good and exactly what everyone expects of Katy Perry. Some of these songs were inspired by other songs like E.T and some other songs. This is a fantastic album for Katy Perry's second and three no.1 singles proves she is a real talent.

The lyrics and the songs are like a sequel to One Of The Boys. California Girls had cute lyrics and fit well into a cheeky, bright melody. Teenage Dream had lyrics of a typical love song and the melody was okay but who am I? It reached number 1 on the hot 100 charts.The song with best lyrics for me would be Firework and my favourite song.This song is inspirational and it has a good message for those who do not think they are special. But sadly, I am disappointed every time she sings this song live.(sorry.)

It does not compare to other albums as it has its own unique sound and in a league of its own. Out of the whole album, all songs passed the 'okay' meter and it had 3 outstanding songs.Firework, Teenage Dream and California Girls. The mediocre sounding songs were The On That Got Away, Last Friday Night and Hummingbird Heartbeat. Songs I didn't really like were Pearl, Circle The Drain and Peacock. 1 song that actually stood out to me was Not Like The Movies. It had a wonderful melody and it was really nice to hear Katy Perry's soft side and beautiful voice of vulnerability.E.T sounded kinda like Who Am I Living For?. Sadly, I REALLY think that Katy Perry would not hav the vocal chops to sing Who Am I Living For? Live. Overall I think it is a good second album that proved that she is a wonderful talent and if it were stolen, yes I would buy it again.

lucas_2717
    travislausch wrote: papajohns44 wrote: it has nothing to do with guitar Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there guitar in here somewhere? Are you making this statement with a profound knowledge of who played what instrument on the entire album, or are you basing this comment on the fragments of songs you hear on the radio?
    i have heard the hole album several times and i can only heard guitars in 3 songs as much, this album really disappointed me, after "one of the boys" i expected something a little bit more rocker, when i heard "firework" i almost kill someone, that song is really stupid, altough katy is a good singer and songwriter, this album is not good as her first one. i hope in her third studio album can be better than this one.
    sewoo55
    Pop? Kate Perry? Mainstream music? I smell a firestorm comming..... let the flamming commence
    travislausch
    papajohns44 wrote: it has nothing to do with guitar
    richieguitar
    guys katy perry is like a really successful artist and u cld find some of her songs here..so im pretty sure some of the users here are katy perry fans..but please share ur opinions
    papajohns44
    she is hot but this album should not be on this website it has nothing to do with guitar or anything ultimate