Keane Live 2007 [DVD] review by Keane

• Released: Nov 19, 2007
  • Content: 7
  • Production Quality: 6
Keane: Keane Live 2007 [DVD]

Recorded at the O2 arena in London on 21 July 2007, this live DVD certainly contains some of the best performances Keane have to offer. Tom Chaplin's choir boy voice is just as good on stage as it is on album, and, for an all-piano band (of course, until 2008) the band have a surprising amount of energy. Although Keane aren't exactly the 'coolest' act around, the venue was crammed full, and, to be honest, it sounded like they were having a great time.

Content — 7
The set list of the concert showcases Keane's full second album, under The Iron Sea, and most of their first album, Hopes And Fear, with only one b-side, Fly To Me. The band started with the instrumental track The Iron Sea, and finished the encore with the usual; Bedshaped. In between, Keane played crowd pleasers such as Everybody's Changing, Is It any Wonder? and the ever-popular Somewhere Only We Know. While the DVD's only extras were videos of the animation on the screen behind the band, and a set-up video, the concert itself was great, and almost made up for the lack of features.

Production Quality — 6
Sporting multiple angles, but not much else, the DVD is fairly simple, and exists merely to showcase Keane's performance. While it sounds good on a television, when put onto the computer, the songs are bass-y and difficult to get a good clean sound out of.

I love the energy shown by the band, and the sheer joy the yget out of performing. Even 12 months before this DVD was filmed, Keane were facing problems, and Tom Chaplin had gone into rehab, leaving the band in the middle of a Japanese tour. But through all the bad and good, they'd come back, and the show was very special for that reason. Yes, if I lost my Keane Live DVD, I would buy it again.

Sgt.Pepper
    I think perfect symetry was a great album I was extremly freked by the new sound but its good I saw them life some time ago and the new songs went great with the show a little differnt yeah but they are still great
    RainyMonday
    Keane is a great live band (unlike some bands...) Tom's voice is amazing live and it's fun to watch tim dancing (sort of) and playing at the same time. Even though they released an album last year, I cant wait for the next one.
    lauraroxley
    Fantastic video, especially for a Keane fan such as myself. I couldn't stop smiling all through it!