Be As You Are Review

Kenny Chesney: Be As You Are
Released: Jan 25, 2005
Genre: Country
Label: BNA
Be As You Are (Songs From an Old Blue Chair) is the tenth album of country music singer Kenny Chesney, released on January 25, 2005. It was a #1 album on the Billboard 200 chart.
 8.7
 5.2
review (1) 10 comments vote for this album:
Be As You Are Reviewed by: Nirvana6722, on august 27, 2008

Sound: Be As You Are is the tenth studio album by Kenny Chesney. It was released January 25, 2005, right after his When The Sun Goes Down album. It was just meant to be a side project for Chesney. He had only one single off of the album called "Old Blue Chair." In this album Chesney brings something different to the table as far as modern country music goes. This album is a beach music album more so than country. It is borderline Jimmy Buffett. The image that Chesney has projected through the years is basically a boy who loves to go to the beach and living the life of simplicity. "Be As You Are" completes that image. The best way to describe this album would be chill, calm, and relaxed. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics of the songs of "Be As You Are" are very chill-like and have many metaphors. I guess you could almost call it a concept album. It paints the perfect picture of somebody who has had too much of work and just wants to get away. So, he goes to the beach, kicks back and has some Cruzin rum. The lyrics and the music go almost perfectly together. Chesney's smooth voice is brilliant for this type of beach music. // 9

Overall Impression: Compared to most of Chesney's other albums, this one is the most relaxed. It is Kenny Chesney stripped down and raw. Although the album is considered country (because he is a country artist) it really has no ties. I really like the just relaxed, chill vibe that I get from it. If I had a bad day at work, I can just pop this into the radio and plunge into the music. I have to say the most impressive songs from the album are "Somethin' About The Rain", the title track "Be As You Are", and "Somewhere In The Sun". I guess just because these tracks are very intimate with the lyrics and the music. The only downside I see from this album is that some of the tracks can get very length and just keep going on, repeating choruses over and over. All things considered, it is a very good album. // 9

Comments