Put Your Ghost To Rest review by Kevin Devine

• Released: Oct 17, 2006
Kevin Devine: Put Your Ghost To Rest

Kevin Devine is not the usually sort of music I usually listen to. But his amazing acoustic sounds make me keep listening to him. Although he is known as an acoustic solo artist there are a lot of songs on this album where you forget that, songs such as 'Like Cursing Kids' and 'You'll End Up Joining Them'. If you like acoustic or soft rock music then I'm positve you will enjoy this album. I think it's the music that make this album so good.

Devine is an awesome singer with great lyrics. His catchy lyrics fit perfect with his music. His lyrics seem to talk about his own experiences in songs like 'Brooklyn Boy' and 'Me and My Friends'. When I first ever saw him live at the Give It A Name festival, his songs were the ones stuck in my head all through the evening. They are really catchy in a good way. He sings really softly and high, which I think goes great with what he is singing about and the music.

When I first played this album, I got attached. I first heard of Kevin Devine through Brand New's myspace but until I saw him live at Give It A Name 07 I didn't actually take in how great this man is. Almost every song on the album is a great acoustic song. It has it slow tempo songs and it has it's upbeat songs. Some great fast songs on this album are 'You'll Only End Up Joining Them', 'Like Cursing Kids' and 'Trouble'. Slow paced songs you need to hear are 'Billion Bees', 'You're Training Yourself' and the amazing song called 'Me and My Friends'. My least favourite song on this album is called 'Less Yesterday, More Today', I like the way it's different to the other songs but I don't really country music. But by far the best songs on this album I personally think is 'Just Stay' and 'Me and My Friends', they are great catchy songs you can listen to over and over again and not get bored of them. An overall fantastic album which is easy to listen to. I strongly-recommend if you like soft rock music.