Stereotype Be Review

Kevin Max: Stereotype Be
Released: Aug 28, 2001
Genre: Progressive Rock, Rock
Label: ForeFront
This is Kevin Max's first solo album and it is incredibly diverse and unique.
 4.4
 8.7
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Stereotype Be Reviewed by: TAOD4ever, on october 22, 2010

Sound: This is Kevin Max's first solo album and it is incredibly diverse and unique. I had been a fan of DC Talk for a long time and was very surprised upon hearing the opening track "Return of The Singer" and the several spoken verses ("Union of The Soul" and "I Went Over The Edge of The World"). This CD is not one of those CD's you listen to once and love for most (but not necessarily all) it's the kind of CD where you have to listen to it several times before you really appreciate it, the key to enjoying this CD is to listen closely for the little details. Kevin Max is very particular and each song is layered with multiple sounds and effecs and once appreciated and understood this CD is quite enjoyable. // 8

Lyrics: As far as lyrics go if you listen you will find plenty to contemplate. Kevin Max's lyrical content is solid, deep, and poetic. As far a vocal ability as I have said in earlier reviews, Kevin's voice is very unique. He has a great voice it's just different. Right when you turn on the CD he shines on "Return of The Singer" and other tracks he does well on are: "Existence", "Be", "Dead End Moon", and "Deconstructing Venus". But in general as far as talent goes he is above average and is a pleasure to listen to. // 9

Overall Impression: Well as I said before it is a very unique album which means it wont fit everyone. But once you adjust to his unique style you will enjoy it a lot. My favorite tracks on this album were: "Existence", "Angel With No Wings", "Dead End Moon", "Her Game" and "Deconstructing Venus". All of them are full of lyrical meaning and I enjoy them very much. All in all this CD is a diverse progressive rock album with lots to offer anyone. My copy was lost and I bought another one and enjoy it. // 9

Comments