The Imposter review by Kevin Max

• Released: Oct 18, 2005
  • Reviewer's score: 7 Good
  • Users' score: 8 (1 vote)
Kevin Max: The Imposter

This album impressed me. After his album Between The Fence and The Universe I had almost given up on him because of it's less than mediocre quality. But Kevin has made a nice transition from sketchy to smooth. He makes the transition from eccentric to more of a rock & roll sound and does it well. Songs such as: The Imposter's Song , Confessional Booth, and Fade to Red rate among the best tracks on this album. Some of the less impressive ones are: I Need You, The End, and Platform This is definitely an improvement it's more pop/rock than his last few albums, but it suits him.

The voice is unique and good as usual, but the lyrics aren't as poetic as Stereotype Be or Between The Fence & The Universe This album is more conformist than his other ones. But nonetheless Kevin shines brightly on this album, this one of his best. Although the lack of poetic devices is pretty disappointing in the lyrics. He shines on this album especially on Sanctuary his vocals are golden on this and he also shines on The Imposter, and Your Beautiful Mind.

This album is Kevin Max's best so far. I was very impressed, the guitars are much better and there are a ton of freaky sound effects in this album, so it's a good CD I'd buy it again. I was very pleased with this CD it's definitely his best, even better than his latest release The Blood I would buy this again, hands down it's a really good CD, Kevin has made a huge leap in ability and songwriting from Stereotype Be, and Between The Fence and The Universe.