Kid Rock review by Kid Rock

• Released: Nov 11, 2003
Kid Rock: Kid Rock

This new album is great. It is louder and heavyer thatn any other of his other records. Most of the riffs are great, there is only like 2 songs that arn't that good. There is alot of acoutic work on this cd, more then any of his other albums. The solos are the best part of this cd. The best solo would be in the heavyest song on this album "Jackson Mississippi", all of the riffs are great in this song are very loud and heavey.The best into is on "black bob" its like a solo at the beginninging of the song. There is still is rap songs on the cd,but they don't suck. Some of the cd's best guitar work is in the song "hillbilly stomp" and thats a rap song. The sound is very good.

Most of his lyrics are about living in Detroit. He talks alot about getting stoned and drunk and how people making fun of him and how now he is famose so now he can laugh in their faces. In some songs he starts nameing alot of citys and states. You can sort of gusse wut the next song I about before you listen to it, it gets kind of old. Almost all the songs are still very well sang. He can sing high pitch screaming notes like zeppelin and a sort of bluse rock way like arowsmith. He does a great job with the re-mix of "feel like making" and he sings well with Hank Williums jr. in "cadilack pussy". The lyrics go well with the bass, drums, and guitar but arn't the best part of the album.

This cd is better then any of him other records, by far. To me it's better then most albums this year like Nickelback's or Finger Eleven's. The best songs in this album are "Black Bob", "Jackson Mississippi", and "I am". "black bob" and "Jackson Mississippi" have the best guitar and bass of album, but "I am" has the best vocal work of the cd. I love the guitar and bass work in this album. I've never heard anyone play the guitar better for Kid Rock on any of his records. It is definitely worth buying. It's great. Buy Kid Rocks new album "Kid Rock".

fantomas2599
    kid rock's self titled album was the worst ever. every time i listen to it i just want to puke my brains out and start making love with my dog. because i'm a crazy son of a bitch