No Gravity review by Kiko Louriero

• Released: Mar 28, 2005
Kiko Louriero: No Gravity

The first couple seconds of popping the disc in, immediately hundreds of notes are already being fired at you. But, to call this is a generic shred album is a very grave mistake. People who take the time to listen to the disc will realize that Kiko has invented a sound never heard before, combining the rhythms of Power Metal with a flavour of Brazilian influences; ripping out melodies that are memorable on every track. There are no filler tracks here, people. His leads are extraordinary, hailing a fusion type sound but never resorting to bland, out of the box playing just because he can or falling back on straight scalar runs. They're always full of life and a lot of the time jaw dropping. I remember before playing the whole disc track to track, I had the songs on my iPod and I would just have it on random. And, every time I would go 'HOLY Shit What Was That'. I would check the artist's name, it would always be Kiko Louriero.

No lyrics, purely instrumental.

This disc should be considered a landmark for shred, or instrumental guitar. It is definitely in my top 3 of best guitar instrumental discs. With only Guthrie Govan's Erotic Cakes in front of it. My favourite tracks are: Enfermo, Pau de Arara, Moment of Truth and Beautiful Language. They're all awesome though, these just stand out the most to me. I find No Gravity to be compelling, and I always find nuances that I never noticed before every time I pop in the disc to listen to it. The only thing I hate, is that eventually it had to end. Stacking at 13 tracks, I could only wish the disc was longer so I could hear more of Kiko's fantastic playing. If it was stolen, I would gladly let the guy have it, because more people need to hear this guy's music. And, I would immediately buy it again. I doubt I could lose it anyways, because it is almost always in my CD Player.