For Never & Ever Review

Kill Hannah: For Never & Ever
Release Date: Oct 14, 2003
Label: Atlantic
Genres: Post-Grunge, Neo-Glam
Anyone who complains that rock isn't as much fun as it once was needs to pay close attention to For Never & Ever, which paints a consistently exciting picture of the Chicago-based alterna-rockers.
 9.5
For Never & Ever Reviewed by: YourMessiah666, on may 26, 2007

Sound: This is a very great CD for any Kill Hannah fan. I was quite surprised to see that no one has reviewed it yet, so I thought I might do it. Anyways, the sound quality on this album is very professional. Everything is pretty much spectacular. There is a great use of synths, drums, bass, vocals and guitaring. The music goes great with the whole glam-rock vocals. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics are stunning. Mat Devine is an excellent singer, as well as songwriter. The tracks have their own unique feel. I could never get tired of hearing Mats voice. The lyrics flow extremely well with the music. Some tracks have a very melancholy feel to them, and the lyrics make the tracks that much better. This band has been a major influence for my song writing and poetry. // 9

Overall Impression: Overall, this is a very good album. I would recommend it for anyone who likes KH. If this CD got stolen from me, I would go out and buy another copy for sure. Go out and buy yourself a copy! // 10

For Never & Ever Reviewed by: fredzeskater, on october 01, 2007

Sound: Kill Hannah, not too famous but one of the best bands I've ever had the honour to listen to. With their soft rock to electronic sounding genre makes them similar like something from the 80s but with a modern feel. I think this album lacks guitar playing, being a guitarist, I love their old songs, with the really catchy songs, such as Katherine. But anyway, that was ages ago now. Thinking with my guitar mind, I think Ten more minutes with you is by far the best riff Kill Hannah have ever used for an album. it's just so good, starts of playing the notes, then the second guitar comes in, perfect. I like the way they mix songs like Kennedy, quite techno/electronic sounding song, with a rock song such as Unwanted, that's one of the things I like about this album, and kill Hannah. All their songs sound different, unlike lots of bands. I feel that Kill Hannah are really quite original, they have such unique sound. // 9

Lyrics: This album was excellent, with the strongest lyrics you could ever imagine. Sometimes I find it hard to imagine what state the writer of these songs (Mat Devine), must have been in when he wrote some of these songs. The opening song They can't save us now has a really strong meaning I think, to me, it's a song about leaving home, sort of abandoning your loved ones, and now regretting you've leaving everything behind. Kennedy, wanting to be something your not, wanting to be a Kennedy, prefect in Mat's eyes. Tall, handsome, on the television, shaking hands with heroes. The next song I think is about wanting to be with someone that's perhaps died? That's my guess, hence the title Ten more minutes with you. Unwanted, a very strong meaning song, to me, is about being unwanted I guess, having no one that cares, not very original but a good song. The best lyrics in this album are most certainly Raining all the time, the ending line: There's something in my head that I can't get off my mind, since you've been gone it's raining all the time. Isn't that just amazing? I think it's amazing. One of the most powerful lines in my entire music library. I think Mat Devine is really talented, playing guitar, keyboard, singing his unique voice, and of course, writing these incredible words for musically speaking, well written songs. // 9

Overall Impression: If someone stole this album, I would illegally download it! I wouldn't, I'm a good boy. I would buy this album again, no doubt about it. Their previous album American jet set was good, but it wasn't professional, I'm not talking about the bad recording, I'm talking about everything that has changed about Kill Hannah, their lyrics have grown stronger, their guitarists have created more unique riffs and better sounds with keyboard, such as Kennedy. But with all bands, you get let downs as well. "No One Dreams Anyway", what's that all about, it has to be the only song on the album that I wouldn't rate a 5 star. The band has just matured, like most bands do, they have risen above their old stuff. And created their best album so far, the problem is, keeping it up. I hope they will. // 8

Comments