Until There's Nothing Left Of Us review by Kill Hannah

• Released: Aug 1, 2006
Kill Hannah: Until There's Nothing Left Of Us

The guitars are really good and the synth is blended in well, the singer appears to have a Weak high voice which may be a production problem, the album is very short at maybe 37 minutes. I first heard Welcome To Chicago about 7 years ago and thought, what on earth was that? because the singer was barely listenable except when he said motherf--ker.

My impression is the lyrics are decent but not with much meaning. The lyrics really mixed with the music especially the synths. The singer has a slightly high voice and good range but not a real strong voice. I think after seeing a live Cherub Rock Cover by them the singer is better than the Album presents him, but the Production is still slightly weak.

The style of this album is a bit like mixing AFI and The Killers together. This group has been in it for over 10 years and finally have a good sound. I really like Lips Like Morphine as a somewhat pop styled example of how the album sounds. I love once again the synth mixed into the music, the songs just don't always have much meaning or clarity. I listened to this at a friend's house and if it were mine I would buy it again.

MattyB
    If it were your's you would buy it again? It isn't your's so you wont buy it? This album is very impressive but there first album is much better in my opinion.
    guit-fiddle
    i hate this band, wheni first heard the song lips like morphine on the radio, i thought they were girls and were lesbos, sayin they want girls w/ lips like morphine
    aliceinnirvana
    I don't really like this band... But for some reason I like the song "Kennedy." It's just a little too catchy.
    elcapitan1800
    They dont sound like girls. Pretty good tho, although I havent heard much. Definitely synth rock, not emo or "shoe gaze" whatever the hell that is
    erock1989
    I have to say that Kill Hannah has become my new favorite band, both there albums (For Never & Ever and Until There's Nothing Left Of Us) are really good, they are unlike any other band before them. I guess you have to have a feel or liking for this kind of category (even though I have no idea which category to classify them in). But as far as them being emo, I have to disagree, if you say they're emo because of they're lyrics than you'd have to classify just about every rock band out there as emo. All lead singers typically talk about the same thing, and in the context it sounds emo. As for their appearance, all bands are different and extreme in appearance if you think about it. Tight pants, mascara, and extreme hair have been rock statements for a long time now. But honestly this band is cool for a new alternative in rock n' roll, I really like them and you should give them a listen if you looking for something new. P.S. - Lastly, I'd just like to know where the hell did the word emo even came from, who coined it?
    glottolockkk
    this cd is amazing. I have it and I couldn't be happier. I saw them at the beginning of december and they play an amazing live set and their cover of Billy Idol's Yebel Yell was just as good as the original, possibly better. The lead vocalist has a lot of energy and it makes for a lot of fun to watch. the recordings are good but their live set, oh my god, they were amazing.
    fridge_raider
    sorry for the double post, but i checked the tab , and I see no "amazing" guitar work. I see mainly powerchords.
    fridge_raider
    Are you a retard ? Can pop not have good guitar?
    Gsus I.B
    Are u a Boy Wot the heck thats like girly voice and it sounds like sooooo bad its not something like luke pickett and wots that thing emo and electronic wot in the lords grace is that thing dont like it for me emo its like rude and music that you can feel by every sense of it and its just not called like that for lyrics so... ((not a thing like that))
    m.o.d.---
    Stolenidentity1
    raeolt wrote: The genre of this band is Synth-pop, I have no idea where it got the "post-hardcore" Definition from, seeing as the music isn't even a slight progression from Hardcore Rock or Punk. I wouldn't suggest buying this unless you're a fan of the whole electronic Glam scene, it's not likely to appeal to anyone outside of that cultivation. And STOP CALLING THESE BANDS EMO. Emo Lyrics sung in a whiney voice never have and never will make an emo band, I'm getting pretty sick of children classing anything they don't like as EMO. I myself don't like emo, and although I can't suggest this band to anyone (Purely because I don't like it and think it's too limited to one audience) I would not call this band emo. DO NOT BUY THIS ALBUM UNLESS YOU'RE A SYNTH-POP/GLAM-POP FAN.
    Well i called them emo, the first time i saw there picture, because...they look sorta emo and stuff, i listened to them, still hate...them but your right
    vainhero
    I think the rules for emo is that the singer has to be screaming, and at least 5 of your friends have to have never heard the band. Once more than 5 know, its not emo, its pop.
    cky9577
    his vioce isent a production problem. thats how he sings. would you call dani filth's screams a production problem?
    Slut
    raeolt wrote: The genre of this band is Synth-pop. continued... DO NOT BUY THIS ALBUM UNLESS YOU'RE A SYNTH-POP/GLAM-POP FAN.
    Finally someone gets it.
    raeolt
    armon77
    how did they get defined as post-hardcore? everyone defines their music as "hardcore". i dont even know what hardcore is anymore.
    wireless89
    Shoegaze? The only shoegaze band I know is My Bloody Valentine, and they were just one big blur of ambient noise for several minutes at a time. If you listened hard, there was usually a good tune underneath it all somewhere. Their lyrics were also totally inaudible. Are this lot anything like them?
    IncoherentJonny
    m.o.d.--- wrote: i own this album and can say with no dought it is not pop. i have tabbed lips like morphine and believer on ultimate guitar(both accepted into kill hannah tabs) and the guitar work is amazing. I think some poeple are getting the synth and pop mixed up. the singer mat has a high pitched voice but not weak and some of the seriously high pithed parts is because of the guitarist jonny(a abnormaly emo dude) the guitarist jonny has suddenly gotten to look stranger(along with the rest of the band)....they even presented him with a pink helmet on stage. this album is great for all you: AFI, Killers,Green day, My Chemichel romance , Fall out boy, and maybe some all ameriucan rejects.
    hell ya I'm wearing my pink helmet right now