Raised On Whipped Cream Review

Killradio: Raised On Whipped Cream
Release Date: Sep 7, 2004
Label: Columbia
Genres: Punk Revival, Punk-Pop
Screaming at us to wake up or fight back over revivalist yet eminently accessible riffs has become a brand itself.
 8.8
 8.5
review (1) 3 comments vote for this album:
Raised On Whipped Cream Reviewed by: DWC, on november 21, 2007

Sound: In the album Raised on Whipped Cream Killradio expresses there hard hitting beats with a funk twist in every song. Guitarist (Brandon Jordan) gives each song a hard hitting Punk Rock feel. But doesn't stick to just that as he twist songs with funky, and bluesy beats. Bassist (Dirty) shows his amazing talents even though sometimes he seems to be drowned out by all the commotion by the other artists. Their drummer (Duke) doesn't stand out much in this album but keeps the songs moving clean. Over all Raised On Whipped Cream gives you a mix of classic punk, funk, and new punk sound. // 8

Lyrics: Every song in the album Raised on Whipped Cream gives a message varying from politics to there own personal lives. In track one A.M.E.R.I.K.A. the lyrics specify the flaws in today's politics in America Ok now I know what your thinking so does every other Punk band. The difference is that this band unlike some other bands has something intelligent to say and to back up there claims. Not all of there songs are the everyday Punk biases. For instance in track eight Where Go We Brandon Jordan focuses on where the band is going and where they want to be. Resulting in a refreshing go time three and half minute track. Another alterative to your everyday Punk bland is track nine Burning The Water Brown tackling one of the bands friends drug abuses, touching the bands personal life. The lyrics in this album tend to have symbolizing words and phrases especially in tracks such as track two Scavenger and three Do You Know (Knife In Your Back) which are both the more popular of the tracks. I personally enjoy Brandon's singing as well. Very good voice and great use of it. Letting in a stress releasefull scream every now and then. // 10

Overall Impression: This is a great album for all kinds of listeners. I can't really put it to a certain type of listener, or compare it to another artist for it is a similar sound but intensely different. If you are open to music at least a little bit you will enjoy Raised on Whipped Cream. The music is easy on the ears and some tracks wont even get close to satisfying the ear of a biased heavy metal listener. This album is on line of pop punk, and original punk, and for some it will be too soft, others too hard, but for most will find it a perfect mix. The length is plenty fulfilling with twelve tracks plus a bonus. The album can get old after a wile but you will never just can't listen to a song again. You find yourself studying the lyrics and finding enlightenment in there meanings. If I had to pick one track to carry with me in my pocket it would probably be track five Entertained because it has tremendous energy and really defines the band name's meaning Killradio. I can't say if someone stole this CD I would buy a new one just like that. I would instead hunt that person down, take mine back. Then buy two more for him and his friend. In conclusion this is a well put together album with some hard hitting jams. The music sound could be better, but it sounds more than decent for it's brand. I leave you now telling you that if you want a refreshing Punk CD Raised on Whipped Cream by Killradio is for you. // 9

Comments