Alive Or Just Breathing review by Killswitch Engage

• Released: May 21, 2002
Killswitch Engage: Alive Or Just Breathing

Killswitch Engage is probably the best metal band around today or at least one of them. There sound is very cruncky and thick rarely than sharp like alot of other metal bands and KsE can pull it off. Killswitch probabaly knows a thing or two about '80s metal shred guitar, they've denfital been influcened by that era.

Killswitch lyrics arent your average metal lyrics and pain, killing, and all that stuff we live love to hear on other metal albums. (slayer)Like the song "Just Barely Breathing" the chours is "Are we alive or just breathing? Don't close your eyes see the images" is talking about are you out and alive having fun with your friends having a good time or are you just breathing letting life get to you. Jones has got some really good screams, but more mellow stuff like usually the chorus have singer instead of screaming and I love both. Some songs wtih good lyrics are: Just barely breathing, numbered days, my last serenade, life to lifeless, and elment of one, theres lots more to I think the whole album itself is really great.

From the start of the first song (numbered days) I loved the album it really sets the move with the first scream about what the album means "My Time Aporches! Rise From The Ashes Of Remembrance!" I just wish Adam D through in some solos then it'd be complete. If someone stole this. I'd buy it again and try to find whoever stole it in the first place and steal all there christmas presents under their family tree (it's Christmas in a couple days) anyways for Christmas I am hoping to recieve KsE newist album "The End Of Heartache" I've heard a few songs on that and id defintaly pick up this and that album!