Alive Or Just Breathing review by Killswitch Engage

• Released: May 21, 2002
Killswitch Engage: Alive Or Just Breathing

Well, first thing I realised with this album that the guitars are perfect, They hit every note right. Mostly by now bands would of had just created a mellow and acoustic/piano album, but Killswitch Engage just does what they do best, put balls into their music. One thing is different on this album is there is hardly any pinch harmonics and the guitars are still good.

They just sing what they've usualy been singing about on end of heartache. Their lyrics seems to be like an ancient type of language e.e. oath. The msuci makes sence with the lyrics, when the music is thrashy he sings about aggresivness and when the guitars are soft and melodic the singing is melodic. Howard Jones has very impressive singing skills and even from the master album End of Heartache he still seems to impress with his singing skills.

This album should be the highlight of 2006, it's the best heavy album you will hear for a while. In my opinion I see this album better than their last album. The highlight songs on the album is "Daylight dies", "My Curse", "For You", "Eye of the Storm" "Reject Yourself" and seeing as I had the special edition "Holy Diver". The only thing I could say I hate about it is that sometimes he screams a little too much, but only a little too much. If it were stolen/lost I would deffinatley buy it again!