As Daylight Dies review by Killswitch Engage

• Released: Nov 21, 2006
Killswitch Engage: As Daylight Dies

'As Daylight Dies' is like a continuation of 'The End of Heartache' in terms of tone, though maybe a bit heavier. My favorite aspect of Killswitch Engage is thier ability to fuse plenty of melody into their song & still keep them heavy. Howards vocals suit this style of music perfectly like Jesse before him (though I do think Jesse was a better screamer, 'Alive Or Just Breathing' rocked).

The main theme for the album seems to be love & Howards deep melodic voice compliments this very well. The lyrics are very well written & show that a lot of thought has been put into each song. Although that have the whole album centralised around love is in no way a bad thing, I perhapse would have liked to see a bit more variety in topics to sing about.

Killswitch Engage are by far my favorite band & it's doubtfull that will ever change in the near future. This album 'As Daylight Dies' has something that I think will appeal to everyone in one way or another. My favorite track are This is Absolution, Arms of Sorrow, My Curse, For You & Reject Yourself.

XoP
    dizturbed
    dan_da_man wrote: and dizturbed do u have to put that same post in every KSE article
    I posted part of the review in the "Top 10?" article before I realized that I was on the wrong thread. Too late at that point. And why do you have to bitch about something so ****ing insignificant --- ****
    fender_NiNE
    XoP wrote: i personally think this album is way better than AOJB, although AOJB was a good album. I just wish they would add some solo's in their songs
    they do have one solo on "Breathe Life" on EOHA(short as it may be) but yea i agree. ive yet to buy the new album, these guys kick ass, but i have to say i dont think ive ever heard anything off of AOJB so i have to check it out.