As Daylight Dies review by Killswitch Engage

• Released: Nov 21, 2006
Killswitch Engage: As Daylight Dies

If you like Killswitch Engae then you should like the sound on this album. The powerful riffs are still there and Justin does an amazing job with the drums in this release. The guys stick to doing what they are good at and it produces some of the most beautiful metal I have ever heard. It seems like they are pushing towards a more melodic sound with As Daylight Dies. I feel this CD will have Killswitch fans in a confused state.

I have read reviews of this album and people say Killswitch has gone more emo with their lyrics. Since when has Killswitch not been about writing powerful and emotional lyrics. It is what makes this band so great. Howard makes many references to love and heartache in this album just as he did with their previous release. However, there seems to be a more political message in this record. All you have to do is read the lyrics to the title track As Daylight Dies. Howard Jones is trying to prove he is the best metal singer in the game today and with this release he definitely adds some merit to that statement. Howard's voice is an echo of perfection with how melodic he can be and then how vicious it can be.

This album does not exactly stand out in the vast sea of metal music, but it is certainly worth picking up. Although nothing beats their previous release, As Daylight Dies finds Killswitch doing more of what makes them one of the best bands out there today. The best tracks on this album this is absolution, eye of the storm and arms the arms of sorrow. Honestly there are no songs that are necessarily bad on this album, the only problem is a lot of them sound the same. Yet, if someone stole this album I would definitely beat them down drag them to the CD store and have them buy me another copy.

PinkFloydrulez
    I finally got this CD this past Sunady with My Chemical Romance's "The Black Parade." I had already heard TBP before and knew I liked it. I'm finally getting around to listening to this (two days so long I know haha) and it's really good. Man I love Killswitch. They came to georgia I think back in October or early November and I really wanted to go but I couldn't (I live in alabama)... Damn I need a job.. and a car.. aoeioaje