As Daylight Dies review by Killswitch Engage

• Released: Nov 21, 2006
Killswitch Engage: As Daylight Dies

The sound on this album blew me away sure they don't have any guitar solos on this album but they have really good melodic riffs and amazing tapping. The guitar on this album was astonishing, it was fast, crazy, and when the slow parts of the guitar came in on some songs that impressed me a lot because these guys write beatiful guitar work in their songs, so yah just amazing riffs and good breakdowns done on the guitar. The drums on this album are mindblowing I mean when you listen to Justin just banging the shit out of those drums you're like whoaa he's skilled and he uses the double bass drumming techniques very well. The bass on this album was good as usual and Mike did an amazing and I think he improved a bit on this album because he just did a amazing good job. So basically the sound was just plain amazing and mindblowing.

Howard Jones is one skilled vocalist he has a mindblowing scream and when he actually does sing his voice is one of the most melodic voices. He sings mostly about emotional lyrics throughout the CD but it's not like emo music like "I'm gonna slit my wrists if you dump me"! Killswitch Engage do none of that shit they are just trying to express themselves in a loving way to their girlfriends or wives or whatever they have. I also really like the background vocals on this album, adam can really sing I swear.

Killswitch Engage are one of my favourite modern day bands along with Trivium, Slpknot, Lamb Of God, Avenged Sevenfold, MCR, and a shitload of other bands. I don't have any favourite songs on this album because well all of them are just put really well together and Killswitch are a very organized band if you asked me. I love everything about this album and there is nothing to hate but they should have just put some guitar solos in I swear they do such an amazing job with those. If it were stolen/lost I would defenitely buy this album again since Killswitch Engage are a amazing band! I can't wait to hear more of these guys keep it up!

Jeff Manthei
    I just realised something... As Daylight Dies... ADD... Attention Defficit Disorder... haha. Okay im done.
    Shlecht
    KsE60
    King ofKumbucha wrote: These guys suck nowadays. Bring back Alive or Just Breathing.
    Who asked you to comment. Jesse (original singer) was good, but when he left they changed their sound a little, Howard is better for their sound now. Now as for King ofKumbucha, shut the F@$% UP and think before you speak!
    haz_uk
    boyan89
    Shlecht wrote: boyan89, when you write a review (i should probably send this personally), try not to use the same word a thousand times in it (amazing, mindblowing, etc.). it just gets annoying.
    oh yah thanks for the tip i wont anymore i swear
    dizturbed
    haz_uk wrote: dizturbed wrote: Personally, I would think KsE would have had enough balls to tell the record reps to f*ck off and make the album the way they wanted, screw timing. Maybe it's just me, I don't know how I would have reacted in the same situation. they did. in an interview, adam d says they were pressured to make a more radio friendly pop metal album. he told them "to eat d*ck".
    If you would have read what I wrote before that, I said nothing about how heavy or radio friendly the album was, just that they were pressured to get an album out - and it shows.
    disturbed wrote: On Headbanger's Ball last weekend, Howard and Adam were guests and they talked a little about the album. Basically Howard said that they spent a LOT of time after TEOH touring, and when they got back, Roadrunner was pressuring them to hurry up and get a new album out. Personally, I would think KsE would have had enough balls to tell the record reps to f*ck off and make the album the way they wanted, screw timing. Maybe it's just me, I don't know how I would have reacted in the same situation.
    The album isn't radio friendly or pop but it is a little softer than the 1st or 2nd album. It's starting to grow on me.
    death2pop
    Sold out, sold out, sold out!!!! u have got to Fucking see it!! Leech owns!!!
    death2pop
    oh yeah, the "my curse" video. . .are u Fuckin kidding me?! doesn't anyone else feel that