As Daylight Dies review by Killswitch Engage

• Released: Nov 21, 2006
Killswitch Engage: As Daylight Dies

Killswitch Engage's sound is truely orginal, with it's mixing of beautiful tones and harmonies yet still keeping that badass distorted guitar riffs we all love. I love how they incorperate singing and screaming, and take it to another level I love metal don't get me wrong but, when I can't understand what the hell they are saying all the time cause of the screams that bothers me, when I have to look up the lyrics cause all the lyrics were unrecognizable, and I love it when a music takes you for a ride like killswitch engages music does for me, sucking me into headbanging guitar riffs and insane screams then, taking a break into a more medolic singing and softer guitar riffs and lastly, how it just kicks your ass back into headbanging that's truely what I love about Killswitch Engage.

The lyrics are Inspirational talking about love, devotion and betrayal. Lyrics from "Desperate Times" send chills down my spine, with his references to Jesus Christ and haunting yet beautiful guitar riffs. This would have to be the so called "Stand Out" of this album. The Lyrics Deffinately fit the music and Howard Jones Voice is truely amazing to go from agressive screaming to soft medolic singing.

As Daylight Dies is a great album by Killswitch Engaged but it stands out from there previous realeases. for example you'll find a lot of the songs are faster paced then the ones from The previous release The End of Heartache. Another thing is they incorperated different musical styles bringing a more medolic tone to their music. with touching warm acoustic tones featured in some of the songs on this album followed by a bone crushing distortion and very catchy guitar riffs that will suck you in and blow your mind. The Most Impressive song on this album would have to be Track Number 5 "My Cuse" with it's extremely catchy guitar riffs and touching lyrics you'll be sucked in like I was. from begining to end this song dosen't dissapoint. I love everything about this album but the thing I hate is that Killswitch Engaged guitarists are extremely talented and have awesome breakdowns to their songs but I wish they'd add some solos to their music. If this CD was stolen from me I would deffinately buy this album again.

v2kv
    The best track is Daylight Dies...that riff just kiiiills me!! oh yea, and for the record ther definitley not pantera influenced, i mean killswitch is awesome don't get me wrong, but pantera was just another level...
    that_i_am
    One of the best albums i have bought. I wonder where Killswitch would be right now if Howard never joined the band?