As Daylight Dies review by Killswitch Engage

• Released: Nov 21, 2006
Killswitch Engage: As Daylight Dies

When the news came out that KSE was recording a new album everybody and their dog said it was not gonna live up to The End Of Heartache, that the band was out of it's prime. Well this album is a direct slap in the face of those critics. The guitar work is absolutely amazing. When is Joel gonna get the credit he deserves? The drum work of justin is fantastic. Their songs overall are large and epic in construction. The overall construction of the songs aren't that varied from TEOH but if it isn't broken don't fix it. They know what they are doing and built on it masterfully.

Howard Jones is one of the best lyricist in the business and this album showcases his abilities. Once again the listener is blasted in the face with lyrics that aren't centered around dark, negative topics but words of love, joy, and goodness. Plus that man can growl! I love it. A surprise to even myself was a much larger contribution lyrically from Adam D. I think his smooth backing vocals complimented Howards like Jelly compliments jiffy.

This is the best Killswitch Engage to date. The guitars are intricate and soaring, the drums are pummeling, and the vocals are angelic. A listener will be hard pressed to find too many things wrong with this album. it's written and performed like too well. I hate saying it, because I love this band, but they will have a terrible time trying to make an album better than this one. No fan of metal should be without this album.

webbster87
    I've got there 1st and 2nd cd and they rock so i hope this one will live up to the vibe! plus my friends tell me that the vibe of there music is getting more on the lighter side! "I HOPE NOT"!!!
    shaggydogJV
    White And Nerdy : It is VERY AWESOME. Daylight Dies, is very heavy, Howard's Scream sounds like Phil Anselmo's abit (Pantera Singer) You can definitly hear the Pantera Influence threw this album. When they are heavy, they are very heavy, when their soft, their very soft. alot of good things from this album. never compare pantera to another band ever again