As Daylight Dies review by Killswitch Engage

• Released: Nov 21, 2006
Killswitch Engage: As Daylight Dies

This album is definitely their best so far. The sound is brutal and heavy yet, melodic and calm. All the musicians are very talented (Which I find almost odd for a Hardcore band). With killer riffs and pounding drum beats it's hard to not headbang to this album. This album is a solid listen, there isn't one song on it I don't like. Killswitch Engage is at there finest and if you've ever liked anything of theirs, buy this album!

The lyrics are not very common but, at the same time not too special. Each song is almost like a depressing poem. I've heard this band concidered as "Emo" and if you listen to "The End Of Heartache (2004)" it's not hard to imagine why, though this album (musically) is much more on the metal side of things. The singer is very skillful with both screaming and singing which makes them much more diverse than your typical "top music".

This album is unique to my CD case. It doesn't really compare to anything else, it's just differant. I love that they're able to come out with some of the most heavy riffs and some of the most calm and clean within the same song. My favorite song is "My Curse" closely followed by the title track. I'm not sure if there is anything I don't like about this album. If this album were stolen I would definitely replace it. It's not one of the best albums ever but, definitely not the worst. This band is very much a hit or miss, you either love them or hate them so, if you've never heard of them before I'd take a listen to them before I'd spend my money.

ksedeathmetal
    this album is the best. killswitch Enage is the best band on the face of the earth and always will be. adam is a beast on guitar and howard can scream like a white guy and sing like a black guy. what more could u ask for?
    InTheUnblindOf
    Deanslinger wrote: I love howard's voice in a totally heterosexual way
    Did any one think it was in a homosexual way? lol I agree
    SnowMan1
    Why the the hell are they classified as Death Metal or Black Metal at the top? Do they know what those genres are. They are metalcore. Always has been, always will be.
    fender_NiNE
    i have all their albums and this one is the best by far. 1st album wasnt that great fixation on darkness was the only standout track for me and personally i dont like their old vocalist at all. 2nd album was better but a little too emotional. As Daylight Dies has got to be the best. Way more riffier(yea i said riffier) and just has the most balls(minus the arms of sorrow). This is Absolution is the standout track for me.
    SaintsinneR82
    KsE owns plain and simple....never heard the selftitled,alive-End of-sS DAYlight,are some of my most played tunes in my ipod...these are guys that define a genre not bit off it...guys like KsE ATR shadowsfall,AILD really keep me listening to 'metalcore' or whatever you wanna call it...and yea jesse is a beast but Howard solidified KsE's sound