As Daylight Dies review by Killswitch Engage

• Released: Nov 21, 2006
Killswitch Engage: As Daylight Dies

Killswitch Engage made for us all a huge surprise by re-recording their latest album: As Daylight Dies. From the lighness of the original tracks they tried to be more powerful, heavy. And they finally made it! Whole new album has increased heaviness of distorted guitars, more agressive vocals and proper depth. Return to the roots if it comes to sound was a good decision. Apart from changing sound and depth of it it's still As Daylight Dies. I can compare it only to one thing, cover of the album, it's heavy as hell!

Well if it comes to the older songs from main album I can say that it's still the same KSE but in a bit commercial way (My Curse, The Arms Of Sorrow), but the lyrics are very good and thanks to Howard and Adam they fit perfectly to the music. You cannot doubt in Howard's skills, you just have to hear him. His growl isn't that impressive as Jesse's but clean vocal and melody is fantastic.

I am still a big fan of their first self-titled album but they've travelled far from playing still the same music. Every time they release an albu it's something different, something that reaches out of the metalcore itself. On this Special Edition KSE added four extra tracks. The first that wants to be played it's DIO's cover, Holy Diver. Very good cover by the way. Impressive solo in the middle. When I heard This Fire it was so amazing that I couldn't stop playing it! Great, very heavy riffs, great vocals even though lyrics are simple. I won't hesitate to buy it if it were stolen, definitely. The only thing I hate about this album is a lack of songs like This Fire, thick, fast, heavy, melodic and very impressive. PS. As a bonus you'll get DVD with three latest video clips and their footage.

sandfighter
    I've go all the albums (includin self-titled) and I have to say, that they didn't disappointed metal riffing fans. Honestly I really like to learn from them, cause they set the line for good riffs in guitar world.