As Daylight Dies review by Killswitch Engage

• Released: Nov 21, 2006
Killswitch Engage: As Daylight Dies

Killswitch Engage have a very distinct and unique sound. I don't feel they they are pooled together with all the hundreds of other metal bands. They have a sound which is very different. They can have the heaviest riffs a guitar can play, and the most melodic chrous's in the same song. It's amazing. Joel and Adam D produce some simply awesome riffs on every single song.

This is one of my favorite things about killswitch engage. again, because of how different they are. They are not singing about killing everyone had shitting on there dead bodies in every single song like a lot of metal bands. They have a very very posotive message it a lot of thier songs. For example, a lyric that really caught my attention was in 'This Is Absoloution' in which guitarist Adam D sings 'Do Not Greive, End The Suffering, We Will Live, Live Eternal' although sometimes bordering on a little cheesy, for the most part, the lyrics are inspiring. As for the vocals themselves, in my opinion, Howard Jones is the best vocalist in metal. The range of his screams is incredible, from high squeals to low growls, he can do it all. And his clean vocals are some of the best I've heard from any genre. They are amazing.

My overall impression on this album is one I haven't felt for many other albums. Like I said, they have a very unique sound, which is head and shoulders above the rest. But if I were to compare with another band. I would say All That Remains have a fairly similar sound. This maybe because that they are produced by Killswitch guitarist Adam D. I love the mix of melody and heavyness with this album. My personal favorite tracks are, Eye Of The Storm, This Is Absoloution, Break The Silence and Reject Yourself. But they are all worth of being mentioned.

martyrdood
    KSE is great, they are melodic, and also make nice heavy songs, but i still can't help shake the kind of repetitiveness in some of these album songs, but some of them really stood out. "My Curse" is the most obvious stand out though. 4/5 =]]]
    Billy Picken
    LakeboDom wrote: I give it a B- After buying this album its very clear to me that now As I Lay Dying!!is the leader in metalcore with a few other bands :Unearth, All That Remains, LOG. Disagree? Pick up "An Ocean Between us" and then talk to me.
    Um no. KSE owns all of those bands.