As Daylight Dies review by Killswitch Engage

• Released: Nov 21, 2006
Killswitch Engage: As Daylight Dies

The Sound of this band can't be compared to anyone I have listened to the great melodies and the voice of thrash metal mix and it's amazing. This dosen't just make them a good band but it also states that the sing. Isn't simply a person who screams in the mic.

The major hit's of this CD "My Curse", "Reject Yourself", and "Arms of Sorrow" are similar to that of "End of a Heartache". I must say that It seems to me that Half the songs are completely screamo and the others are good. So I can only understand a few of the lyrics to the songs.

In my Colection of CD's this is not a CD I regret buying (i got the bonus album). I like that the melodies are terrific and yet they can throw some metal in there. The top three songs on this cd are 01.Arms of Sorrow: I know what your thinking it's not my curse? I personally Like this song the best on the cd because of Its good balance of both Melody and Metal 02.My Curse (as seen on Guitar Hero): This song Is good too The beat is Catchy and the Video Isn't half bad either 03.Holy Diver: if you get the bonus Cd which I highly Recomend. This Cover personally I think is better thn Dio's. Once you hear it you will then be stuck with this version.

manmanster
    Jeff Manthei wrote: Im not disrespecting Killswitch... they are a good band... I even bought this album and was good... However... I do not agree that they are Death/Black metal...
    This band is about as death metal as Justin Timberlake is emocore. This band is like, the definition of metalcore. Its a metal band with a hardcore vocalist (Howard has done vocals for other hardcore acts, and is "Straight edge", originally a hardcore lifestyle choice)
    ponnightingale
    CapnKickass wrote: The only thing I think they could've done better; the lyrics in lots of the songs on ADD have this: "There is (insert adjective)!!!!!" lol XD
    Dude, "love" isn't an adjective ;D
    mdawg24
    Word up, homes. I saw it and was like, "Umm... No, metalcore."
    SPBY
    who labelled them as death/black metal? they're metalcore or just plain heavy metal.
    ljenglish
    good band and good cd for sure. but man i gotta agree... AOJB was by far the most kick ass album they cam out with. Howard is a great vocalist dont get me wrong but it just isnt the same crazy shit that made Killswitch so bad ass and ****in metal as AOJB
    Cerberus7string
    regret_not wrote: i also think that alive or just breathing was their best, but As Daylight Dies is second in line for me
    This.
    TheFingerling
    Dio had a pretty good song called "Holy Diver" but when KsE covered it, they played it better than the original.