Killswitch Engage review by Killswitch Engage

• Released: Jun 26, 2009
Killswitch Engage: Killswitch Engage

My initial thoughts about sound are very positive. The band mixes clean intros and fills, with brutal ear pounding metal licks. In the same way vocals are switched between screaming and singing which makes for an interesting effect. The music may be clean with screaming while killer riffs have a clean singing voice. I bought the special edition album which included a digital booklet and four extra tracks; Be One, Let The Bridges Burn which is one of my favorite songs, This Fire, And a dio cover Holy Diver. This album is very metal and thus if you like metal you will love this album.

The Lyrics are deep and well thought out. And are very dynamic. The lyrics always match the music and never leave you with that, "wtf did that mean?" feeling. Howard Jones has amazing singing skills that make his scream sound just a bit different which makes the music even more powerful and his clean vocals are great.

I think this album stands up with the best of them and from what I can tell everyone has different songs that appeal to them off the album. I love the special editions four extra songs and recommend buying that version. I love the contrast between fast and slow, clean and metal. I can't truly say there is anything about this CD I don't like after listening to it for over a month the music still sounds new. If this CD were lost or stolen I wouldn't replace it because I have it backed up on itunes.

b505
    smokey420
    b505 wrote: hey anyone who reads my review while it's still here please note it's not the right album. It's supposed to Be "As Daylight Dies"
    lols!! can u delete it as is quite offensive considering that As Daylight Dies is considered by me and LOTS of people I know as When Killswitch Died! It couldve been worse you could've been talking about the 2nd self-titled album(WTF was that all about, having a 2nd self-titled album but not making it like KSE II or summit). For those who wish the old killswitch were around check out Times Of Grace! Adam D, Joel and Jesse with a couple of other dudes. Its no self-titled(I) or AOJB but it kicks the teeth outta everything they done since AOJB!