Killswitch Engage (2009) review by Killswitch Engage

• Released: Jun 30, 2009
Killswitch Engage: Killswitch Engage (2009)

Killswitch Engage's 2009 album (Killswitch Engage 2009) really brings out the talent in the bands guitar, and percussion sound. I have to say, this has to be one of the best sounding albums that KsE has come out with. The reason I say that is that the guitar is a bit more complicated than the earlier albums, and the drums sound so much more original than they did before. They also added a little "Boom" to the album with how much bass there is compared to the two recent albums. I personally like the alive or just breathing album because of the bass boost it has in it. The Guitars have really stepped it up and put a little bit more time into the new album. The solo in the first track "Never Again" Is amazing! I have to admit, it would take time and alot of talent to make a solo like that. They also show alot of guitar talent in the songs "Take me Away", and "Save Me". The Vocals in KsE's 2009 album are ALOT better compared to Howard Jones' first two albums with Killswitch. It has perfect and complicated timing. For me I like the vocals in the following songs "The Reckoning" And "Save me"

The lyrics and the singing style of the band have not changed alot. But thats not a bad thing at all. I've always liked how Killswitch make their songs lyrically. If anything, the band will always have their lyrics. Howard Jones' is a wonderful singer/songwriter. I would have to say that he is up among one of the best metalcore singers. He has amazing talent, and the way he sings is not very distinct, it is very different among all the other metalcore bands.

I really can not compare Killswitch Engage to any other metalcore/hard rock bands. They are so original and I can't really relate any band at all with them. Some of the most impressive songs on the album are "Never Again", "The Forgotten", "Take Me Away", and "The Reckoning". But Personally, I think everyone who likes KsE will love every single song on here. If I had to, I would totally buy it again, and I recommend listening to some of KsE's Earlier work before anyone listens to this, It really blows me away, and I am really impressed of how much they have improved. Keep up the good work KsE!

gam0001
    You know who's pushing the boundaries of this genre? August Burns Red. Check out Constellations. It's ****ing amazing.
    dude you are so right, ABR are one of the most talented metalcore acts out there right now. KSE are also great.
    wormytxx
    This album in my opinion isnt good. As a guitar enthusiast some of the riffs were okay but howards vocals werent new and it all sounded almost the same. There was some variation with the songs sturcture but other than that it wasent my cup of jager.
    DyedXRed
    Eurasian_C you said that A Light in a Darkened World was "chock full of the same stuff we've heard before." thats not neccesarily a bad thing. I love what i've heard from killswitch before and this is a great track too
    A3r0sm1th
    Howard has great clean vocals...I'm glad he's using them more often...I wish he'd use them almost all the time
    Burney123456789
    Eurasian_C
    Burney123456789 wrote: to the guy who wrote the second review... the first track isnt called "nothing left" its called "never again"
    This is what I get for not reading over my writing. I had no idea about that lmao. Thanks dude.