Set This World Ablaze [DVD] review by Killswitch Engage

• Released: Nov 22, 2005
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 10
Killswitch Engage: Set This World Ablaze [DVD]

The sound of this DVD is incredible. Everything comes through, Adam and Joel's mega riffs and pinch harmonics sing through, and Howards voice is hust celestial anyway and it comes through especially well in the DVD. Justin's drumming leaves nothing to be desired, the mans timing is so good and the drums come through as well as guitar and vocals. Even Mikes bass cames through clean and plainly audible.

Content — 10
This DVD is what Bullet In The Bible should have been. Aside from the 75 minutes of live performance there is a huge autobiography in there about the history of the band, former members, and comentary from the band itself and others from different bands. Such as Randy Blythe and Mark Morton from lamb of God! Unearth, In Flames, and Corey Taylor from Slipknot throws his two cents worth in. Besides that, the DVD also includes every single one of the bands music videos. I can honestly say the ony DVD that can even hold a candle to this one was the DVD that comes with If We Could Only See Us Now by Thrice.

Production Quality — 10
The sound of the concert and the documentary and everything is amazing, you can tell that they have spent major time mastering every aspect of this DVD. The camera angles are awsome. Every possible angle of the concert was shot and is seen. The menue is easy to navigate and everything on the DVD just screams. "Hey, I kick ass, worship me, now."

This DVD is in a league all its own. From the documentary that spans the times of them playing in Adams bedroom to present day with comentary from the hardest bands out there today paying respect from one great band to another, to the concert with all the best songs you could ever want to see live (When Darkness Falls, Numbered Days, Life to Lifeless, Rose of Sharyn, etc), to being able to see every video ever made by them. You will not be disappointed. I would recommend this to Kim Jong-il himself if he asked me. and if this was lost or stolen I would call Kim Jong-il up and ask if I could borrow a bomb or twenty so I could find f--ker who stole it, or if I lost it I would punish myself with a diet of nothing but Healthy choice dinners and lock myself in my basement for three weeks.