Set This World Ablaze [DVD] review by Killswitch Engage

• Released: Nov 22, 2005
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 10
Killswitch Engage: Set This World Ablaze [DVD]

I love Killswitch's sound, its so brutal but at the same time it can be very melodic. Whether it's Jesse Leach singing or Howard Jones, they're still the same hardcore wonders they always were. Joel and Adam are absolutely amazing guitarists. Their squeels are the most electrifying squeels I've ever heard, except maybe for Zakk Wylde.

Content — 10
They difinetly picked the best songs for their live show. They mix up their old stuff with their new stuff to create a incredible journey from start to finish. Many of their songs are also altered slightly, mostly by Adam who enjoys many onstage antics. Some may find his childish behaviour but I find it quite refreshing, after all, who wants to stare at a depressed metal head for an hour and a half. I'm not entirely sure that "Rose Of Sharyn" is the best song to end with. as well as the great live video there is a load of bonus videos retelling the bands history and recording progresses, as well as some useless but interesting videos (one consisting of funny drunk moments in the Killswitch bus). In total I think there is about 4 hours of footage to watch.

Production Quality — 10
They sound of the live concert is mind blowing and the quality of Mike D's artwork is astounding.

The most impressive thing on this DVD is the performance footage. This concert blows my mind. I love everything about this DVD, from start to finish. If it were lost or stolen I would buy it again in a second.

goon316
    Everything about this DVD kicks ass. From the concert to the videos to the interviews. I cant wait for a new album...ROCK ON \m/ \m/
    Agent_00Funk
    I was fortunate to see them at Ozzfest here in Nashville. Adam came out wearing a big green foam cowboy hat, great dvd n band!
    x8LPfan8x
    This DVD is amazing ... it shows how talents KSE are. Possibly the best metalcore band around right now and definitely the best live. Howard's voice sounds better live to me than in studio. Great interaction with the crowd too. A fan-friendly band and show. And the mosh pits looked friggin' insane! I'll kill to go to a KSE show the next time they're in my neck o' the woods. Rock On \m/ \m/