Set This World Ablaze [DVD] review by Killswitch Engage

• Released: Nov 22, 2005
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 9
Killswitch Engage: Set This World Ablaze [DVD]

First off, this DVD is one of my favorites in my entire collection. This band is flawless. Howard Jones has one of the best clean voices I've ever heard, and his screams are extremely powerful. He has one of those voices that just traps you into liking their music. Adam D. and Joel are 2 of Metal's most underrated guitarists today. Their styles are so much alike, they just have a perfect chemistry when they play or write together. Mike D. just has an awesome stage presence and gives the kids who come out a great show. and last but definitely not least is Justin Foley. He has perfect tempo on drums. Everything is precise, to put it plain and simple. Justin is an embarrassingly good player. This band has released 4 studio albums so far in their career, and none of them are a let down.

Content — 10
The sound quality on this DVD during the concert is amazing. Not to mention they played every song better than the original itself. There is also a few hours of documentary that goes throughout the entire bands early days and how Killswitch Engage came to be. It is a nice watch and doesn't get boring at all.

Production Quality — 9
The Production Quality is amazingly great on this dvd. The sound is very very good on the live footage because all of the mics and instruments were directly plugged into the camera's as they were recording. They are a very trendy band, but then again, they don't let their ego's get in the way of the music they love to play. They have a love for the music that money could never overcome.

Watching this DVD will just make you love this band even more than you already do. The most impressive thing for me on this DVD is the fact that they played so well live. I love everything about this dvd, and hate nothing. If this were stolen I would instantly make my way to my car and buy it again. No questions asked.

thesimo
    i really recommend his dvd, it is truly awesome, ive watched it literally 100 times and played along on guitar, the watchability of this thing is endless. BUY IT 10/10
    (sic)ness6669
    i bought this dvd a month ago and for the first 2 weeks of owning it i watched it every damn day. it soo ****ing good. the documentary is awesome. the live show is fcking ridiculous. 10/10 if you dont own it get your @ss to the record store and pick this sh!t up!