Set This World Ablaze [DVD] Review

artist: Killswitch Engage date: 10/04/2007 category: compact discs
Killswitch Engage: Set This World Ablaze [DVD]
Release Date: November 22, 2005
This is a solid DVD filled with not only an amazing on stage performance but a surpisingly good documentary of the band.
 Content: 10
 Production Quality: 9.8
 9.8
 9.9
 9.7
Set This World Ablaze [DVD] Reviewed by: IlIk2plygUItAr, on january 09, 2006

Sound: This DVD is amazing. Killswitch Engage is an amzing live band. The guitar tone is great, perfect for pinching, which they do a lot of. Howard's voice is perfect. He has a great scream and a powerful singing voice. This is one of the most talented metal bands. They are very tight and together live. // 10

Overall Impression: In short, this is the best DVD I have ever seen. I love everything about it. There just isn't anything to hate about it. If someone took it, I would definately get a new one. // 10

Set This World Ablaze [DVD] Reviewed by: gigson111, on may 19, 2007

Sound: This sound for this DVD is awesome. Howards screaming is insane. The sound of the guitar is unbelievable. There is just not too many words in my very small vocabulary to describe the sound of it. Adam has found the perfect settings for his amp. When they do the pinch harmonic for absolutly no reason, it sounds awesome. I don't think I heard one that wasn't perfect. It was also pretty cool that Adam was going insanly crazy while playing guitar at the same time. I think it has the best sound a live metalcore/hardcore band could have. // 10

Overall Impression: This does not even come close to other artists. Or the other way around. This is best video ever. I think that it was pretty cool that when it was only 30 bucks and had another CD with it too. Adam, is by far the stupidest craziest guitarist in metalcore history. If this was stolen, I'd buy 5 more. // 10

Set This World Ablaze [DVD] Reviewed by: Kaney, on january 03, 2006

Sound: "Set This World Ablaze" is a great live DVD from a great live band. The live performance is absolutly amazing and the footage is taken from Worcester, Massachusets where Killswitch started out. This makes the DVD even more special and the crowd go absolutly nuts. // 10

Overall Impression: Killswitch are my favourate band and you couldnt get a better live DVD. All fans of metal will love this DVD and with lots of special bonus features such as the in depth documentry and all the bands music videos all on top of an unreal live set make this DVD a must for any Killswitch fan. // 10

Set This World Ablaze [DVD] Reviewed by: CrosseGod18, on january 05, 2006

Sound: The sound of this DVD is incredible. Everything comes through, Adam and Joel's mega riffs and pinch harmonics sing through, and Howards voice is hust celestial anyway and it comes through especially well in the DVD. Justin's drumming leaves nothing to be desired, the mans timing is so good and the drums come through as well as guitar and vocals. Even Mikes bass cames through clean and plainly audible. // 10

Overall Impression: This DVD is in a league all its own. From the documentary that spans the times of them playing in Adams bedroom to present day with comentary from the hardest bands out there today paying respect from one great band to another, to the concert with all the best songs you could ever want to see live (When Darkness Falls, Numbered Days, Life to Lifeless, Rose of Sharyn, etc), to being able to see every video ever made by them. You will not be disappointed. I would recommend this to Kim Jong-il himself if he asked me. and if this was lost or stolen I would call Kim Jong-il up and ask if I could borrow a bomb or twenty so I could find f--ker who stole it, or if I lost it I would punish myself with a diet of nothing but Healthy choice dinners and lock myself in my basement for three weeks. // 10

Set This World Ablaze [DVD] Reviewed by: supreemo, on may 04, 2006

Sound: I love Killswitch's sound, its so brutal but at the same time it can be very melodic. Whether it's Jesse Leach singing or Howard Jones, they're still the same hardcore wonders they always were. Joel and Adam are absolutely amazing guitarists. Their squeels are the most electrifying squeels I've ever heard, except maybe for Zakk Wylde. // 9

Overall Impression: The most impressive thing on this DVD is the performance footage. This concert blows my mind. I love everything about this DVD, from start to finish. If it were lost or stolen I would buy it again in a second. // 10

Set This World Ablaze [DVD] Reviewed by: LoW, on august 21, 2006

Sound: If you are friend of modern/underground metal, KsE is the one of the most coolest band around, and this DVD shows, how great they really are live! They sounds heavier than ever, on their home arena, Worcester, Massachusetts. The drum sets bass drums bumps heavier than ever. // 10

Overall Impression: I really got into other bands that does interwiews in the album and I like very much now! I really got into the documentary and on the road parts, maybe just because of there guitarist Adan D.! He is the most funniest guy in whole metal genre. Only thing I hate in this DVD is that they talk and show too much of ex-KsE singer, Jesse Leach. And hell yeah I would buy new one if this would been stolen! // 9

Set This World Ablaze [DVD] Reviewed by: phatjohnson16, on june 27, 2007

Sound: First off, this DVD is one of my favorites in my entire collection. This band is flawless. Howard Jones has one of the best clean voices I've ever heard, and his screams are extremely powerful. He has one of those voices that just traps you into liking their music. Adam D. and Joel are 2 of Metal's most underrated guitarists today. Their styles are so much alike, they just have a perfect chemistry when they play or write together. Mike D. just has an awesome stage presence and gives the kids who come out a great show. and last but definitely not least is Justin Foley. He has perfect tempo on drums. Everything is precise, to put it plain and simple. Justin is an embarrassingly good player. This band has released 4 studio albums so far in their career, and none of them are a let down. // 10

Overall Impression: Watching this DVD will just make you love this band even more than you already do. The most impressive thing for me on this DVD is the fact that they played so well live. I love everything about this dvd, and hate nothing. If this were stolen I would instantly make my way to my car and buy it again. No questions asked. // 10

Set This World Ablaze [DVD] Reviewed by: sandfighter, on october 04, 2007

Sound: I was trying to get my hands on that DVD for the last few months and now I am fully satisfied. Great job to all tech guys responsible for sound engineering. This was incredible, very sophisticated sound of distortion and famous Caparison guitars. DVD itself sets standards for other artists trying to record some live shows. You can hear clear sounds of music/vocals, but during certain moments crowd sings together with Howard. Great hardware settings Adam D. // 10

Overall Impression: Songs where perfectly compose into the athmosphere during this show. Great sound and they played it with such a passion, so you couldn't be more happy seeing them all on stage. I love the sound, when they are playing those tracks with a little bit more finesse than on album. And one more thing, Justin got a different drum kit than in studio. Sounds better! If this were stolen, yes I would buy it again and again. It's a diamond in my collection of gems. // 10

Comments