The End of Heartache review by Killswitch Engage

• Released: Feb 21, 2005
Killswitch Engage: The End of Heartache

Ok Killswitch has a great sound. The guitar isn't that crisp piercing sound that a lot of bands of this genre use, it's more of a hard chunky sound. The guitarist Adam Duckiewiczs pulls off great pinch harmonics and doesn't overdue them. Most of the verses consist of a pounding rythm section along with a heavy guitar and the wild scream of vocalist Howard Jones. Then the chorus becomes very melodic and you get a hold of the song. I would say Killswithch Engage's sound is very metal.

Allright now the lyrics are also very good. They aren't those lyrics that you absolutley hate because they just tell you what the song is about without having to think about it, I would say the lyrics are pretty metal, and I would say that Howard Jones is a very talented singer he can pull of the metal scream and still do the melodic stuff, I'd say he's just an overall good musician.

My overall opinion of the album is that it is awesome. The members of this band are good at what they do and that is make great songs speaking of great my favorite songs on the album are "When Darkness Falls", "The End Of Heartache","Breathe Life" and "Rose Of Sharyn" though all the others are very good too. What I love about The album is how it get's you fired up and your adrenaline rushing like a good metal album should do and at the same time still has a great melody not just a barrage of thrashing instruments and vocals. There isn't anything I hate about this album at all and if you like Shadows Fall, In Flames, Atreyu, or Killswitch Engage's last album Then you'll love this one. If I lose this album I will pick it up again in a heartbeat and for those who don't have you should get as soon as you can.