The End of Heartache review by Killswitch Engage

• Released: Feb 21, 2005
Killswitch Engage: The End of Heartache

Alive or Just Breathing was an albumn which I felt could spell the end of KSE as I felt they would not be able to live up to it, but I was proved majorly wrong! The songs are slightly more traditional in structure than previous and more accessible making it slighly easier listening but this is one heavy as f--k albumn! The production is amazing, rarely do bands sound this good. Every song has a chorus to die for, this is inspirational stuff!

Howard Jones has a slightly broodier and darker tone to his voice than Jesse Leech which complements to chugg of the guitars perfectly. The lyrics are brilliant, again conveying hope and love rather that hate and self-pity, just wish more band could do the same.

This is probably the best metal albumn of 2004 and they are totally worthy of stardom. The re-release with te re-recording of irreversal and the new track 'My Life For Yours' is a gem! Tracks such as 'World Ablaze' and 'Take This Oath' prove they are one of the finest bands on the planet. Put the CD in your player, light the fuse and prepared to be totally blown away!