The End of Heartache review by Killswitch Engage

• Released: Feb 21, 2005
Killswitch Engage: The End of Heartache

Now that KSE has a new lineup their sound has changed for good or bad depending on your opinion. Nevertheless for metalcore and heavy metal they have a unique sound. These guys are talented and have a good sense for music but the one thing I wanted was more solos. On track 6 it had a short but decent solo, but I kinda craved for more. The talent is there its just what they are willing to do with it.

The lyrics were decent. They weren't bad but they weren't excellent. What I found while listening to the album was that a lot of the lyrics are about breaking free, breaking the chains that hold you back. It didn't get old but some new topics would have been welcome. At least its not emo and suicide lyrics.

A great CD for anyone who likes metal or even modern mainstream metal. These guys are without a doubt up there as the top ten best metalcore/heavy metal bands out there. The best songs are Take This Oath, When Darkness Falls, Rose Of Sharyn, Breathe Life, the title track and Wasted Sacriface. It's not the heaviest music you'll hear but it's some good headbanging.