The End of Heartache review by Killswitch Engage

• Released: Feb 21, 2005
Killswitch Engage: The End of Heartache

The sounds good. It's metalcore. This is Howard Jones' first Killswitch Engage album, and he did a decent job.

Lyrics changed, which I was upset about. With jesse leach (old singer) it was more about standing up for yourself and punching hatred and other gay stuff right in the f--cking face. The new lyrics are just average old I love her, or I don't love her. There are some songs that dont have to do with that and all, but for the majority those are the lyrics. And Howard Jones is a very talented screamer, and his singing voice is alright (somtimes it gets on my nerves). Personally I liked jesse leach 10 times better, but I can usually listen to Jones with no problem.

Killswitch is personally my favorite band, and its hard to give this album a true rating, because it is alot different then other KSE albums. Like if this was ther first album id give it a 5/5. It's got insane guitar riffs, a great vocalist, and kick ass percusion. But you always have to add in the part about, the band had to change somwat when the singer left, and the only thing that really changed was the whole KSE message, as I said up in the lyrics. If you haven't heard any KSE stuff before, go pick up the very first album (self titled, the remastered version) and listen to that. Then buy, the second, "Alive Or Just Breathing" in my opinion the best Killswitch album, and defiantly high on my favorite metalcore album list, then buy this, appreciate it, and realize the change they have made. I still listen to this album all the time, again its a great album, and I would kick some ass if it was stolen. My favorite song is probably Take This Oath. Comparing all the KSE albums this is my list: "Alive Or Just Breathing" - just amazing, "Killswitch Engage" (self-titled) - sweetness in everysong, "End Of Heartache" - it's great and all but those other 2 are better.