In The Court Of The Crimson King review by King Crimson

• Released: Jan 1, 1969
King Crimson: In The Court Of The Crimson King

King Crimson are perhaps one of the most underated bands there are. They aren't mainstream, and the amount of people out there who would truely love King Crimson but won't admit it because they are embaresed. The sound is odd, same sort of league as Yes. Just incredibly atmospheric, Epitaph in paricular has an introduction which is rarely matched. Robert Fripp is a very talented guitarist.

Lyrics are simple yet effective. 21st Centuary Skitzoid Man. Each verse has four lines, short lines. But they make a big impact, they flow together. Moonchild is much more different, much longer verses, but still with the same eerieness. The the song itself: In the Court of the Crimson King. Where did those lyrics come from? Any budding song writers out there ought to study these lyrics in depth.

Wow is all I can say. I was first introduced to Crimson when I was 14 by a guitarist friend of my mums. I am now 15 and my collection has grown. I would have never of heard of them otherwise. You miss out on a lot of good music if you don't have the right contacts. This band deserves a lot more appriciation from the younger generation. Heavy metal has its place but it is all stemed from bands such as King Crimson and Yes. I must say I am impressed. It took me a long time to get hold of any of their CD's but it was worth it. The only problem I have with it is the excess jamming on Moonchild, but the lyrics make up for that.

schizoid man77
    This album was made in sixty nine and and crimson is considered the first progressive rock band so I must say THANK YOU KING CRIMSON!!!!
    freedomdeceptiv
    esp1234 wrote: Who'd be emberrased to admit to liking king crimson? They're the best prog band along with genesis (old genesis)
    maybe if u replace genesis with rush or yes then it would be true... not one of my favorite bands but theyre pretty good... pretty wierd but that just makes them better
    Lafit86
    King Crimson and Genesis is the best progressive melodic rock band ever.
    esp1234