Larks' Tongues In Aspic review by King Crimson

• Released: Mar 23, 1973
King Crimson: Larks' Tongues In Aspic

Awesome! I know I give Crimson a lot for the sound, but it's fricking incredible. Just listen to it, everything. Bill Bruford's drums, Robert Fripps awesome guitar, Jamie Muir's goofy sounds and percussions, David Cross' beautiful violin and last but not least John Wetton with his amazing voice and great bass playing. It doesn't get better than this. Out of all King Crimsons line-ups, this is the one I like the best! Everything sounds great! Every instrument is being heard. It's not like all the other artists around, you know, the guitar must be the only thing you hear in the whole song. No, Robert Fripp is more of a composer than a guitarist. The violin intro (which is awesome) in Larks' Tongues In Aspic part I and then Robert Fripp follows the tones perfectly. Awesome!

3 of the albums 6 songs are instrumentals, so there aren't to much lyrics. Although, when there is lyrics (in the songs Book Of Saturday, Exiles and Easy Money) I find them highly enjoyable. They always tend to be serious but at the same time funny. John Wettons voice is great. I like it a lot.

I like this album the most of them all, mainly because of the instrumentals and the line-up. The songs that are most impressive are Larks' Tongues In Aspic part I and part II. They are instrumentals and they are both the best songs that King Crimson has ever done. I'm not kidding. If this was lost or stolen, I would rebuy it and find out who took it and shoot his brains out. I love the instrumentals in this album. Especially Larks' Tongues In Aspic part I. I don't hate nothing. It's perfect.

schizoid man77
    This is the first Crimson album I bought, at first hard to listen to, but when you get into it you cant get out!
    Big Tommy P
    One of the finest albums ever. Definitely up there with Close to the Edge and Brain Salad Surgery.