Starless And Bible Black review by King Crimson

• Released: Jan 1, 1974
King Crimson: Starless And Bible Black

Crim sounds much more mature than 'In The Court' did, no offense, I like that album also, this was their heavily improvised album after their peak 'Larks Tongues In Aspic'. This is a 'filler' album with most tracks they never did live expect for the second half of the album, the last two songs, Starless and Bible Black, and Fracture, are very long and are Crim in their prime.

The lyrics flow very well, and are awsome, they go very well witht he music, and John Wetton is a superb singer.

This is the heavier, less mellotron driven Crim that was in the late '60s and early 70's, and back into musical and improv driven. All of the musicians, Robert Fripp-guitar, John Wetton-bass/vocals, David Cross-violin/viola/mellotron, Bill Bruford-drums/percussion, are all musicians that are on top of their game. The most impressive songs are 'The Great Deceiver' (high energy), 'Starless and Bible Black' (standard Crimson improv style), and 'Fracture' (foreshadows at Fripp's guitar style in the '80s w/Belew). If you are willing to listen, all of these songs are awsome, and interesting. If I lost this, I would search all over to buy it again.