Conspiracy review by King Diamond

• Released: Jan 1, 1989
King Diamond: Conspiracy

This CD was released in 1989, a year after the masterpeice "Them" and continues the horror story. King Diamond are well respected in the black/horror/ metal genre and this album has some killer tracks to help reinforce their status as one of the best metal bands of all time. This is the 4th album released by King Diamond and was created to follow the impressive 220,000 album sales that "Them" generated in the USA alone. The sound is impressive with a mixture of chunky riffs and neo-classical lead along with some small acoustic sections that show the diversity of the bands longest serving guitarist Andy La Rocque. The song writing is as strong as ever and although it may not be the best King Diamond album ever (Abigail and Them hold that position) it has some lovely tracks and it blows many other metal albums out of the water.

The lyrics tie in with the dark themes in the music and tell the story well and they are well thought out as in all King Diamond albums. King uses his distinctive falsetto vocal style along with his menacing growl to bring the story and music to life.

The Most impressive tracks are (In my opinion) "Sleepless Nights" "At The Graves" and "A Visit From The Dead" The guitar solos are impressive and the songs in general have real melody and passion. Listen to the acoustic intro to "A Visit From The Dead" and feel the emotion that ties in well with the feelings of sorrow in the first section's lyrics. Although I said this isn't the best King Diamond album ever (again that's my opinion) it's still a wonderful album and I recommond that you give it a listen. If it was stolen or I lost it I would buy another copy as soon as possible. It's not the best King Diamond album start on if you're planning on working your way through their discography (which you should be) but you should give it a go either way.

strat07
    A visit from the dead has one of the best solos ever! PURE LAROCQUE GENIUS!
    Beginner Bass
    Metal Onslaught wrote: Man, do things really get much better than King Diamond? the answer is no - they don't.
    In my opinion, yes, they get far better than King Diamond.
    James D Hill
    Something about King Diamonds vocals send chills up my back.He is a one and only that is for sure.The double guitar work really kicks ass and the light and dark parts are brilliant.