Give Me Your Soul... Please review by King Diamond

• Released: Jun 26, 2007
King Diamond: Give Me Your Soul... Please

King Diamond once again brings us a beautiful masterpiece. Andy La Rocque and Mike Wead's solos are simply amazing. There's atleast 2 solos in every song. The drums are outstanding, double bass rumbling along with the powerful guitars and topped off by King D's amazing vocals. They even have a guest singer on some of the songs, and she simply just adds more harmony ontop of the amazing blend.

The lyrics in the album are typical King Dish lyrics. They have a story behind it all, horror based of course. Lyrics fit very well with the music. As always, King D never fails to use his awesome voice and high pitched falsetto skills to add more effect to the story and music.

The only artists I could compare this album to are King D himself and Mercyful Fate(also King Diamond vocals). The whole album is amazing, but the stand out tracks to me are: Is Anybody There?, Mirror Mirror, Give Me Your Soul, and Moving On. If this album were lost or stolen, I'd hunt down whoever stole it, beat the hell out of them and take it back, or I'd just go buy another one.

mellowyellow729
    King Diamond definatly improved from his days in mercyful fate. i ma fan of both, somtimes in this album i think his high vocals go too far though. still amazing