The Best Of King Diamond review by King Diamond

• Released: Sep 23, 2003
King Diamond: The Best Of King Diamond

The sound on King Diamond's Best Of CD is great. It's basically the greatest songs since the beginning of King Diamond. It doesn't have any Mercyful Fate stuff on it, but it sounds much heavier. Andy Laroque has about 2 shredding solos in each song, which fit perfectly. The track list includes The Candle which is a great opener song, Charon, Halloween, No Presents For Christmas, Arrival, A Mansion In Darkness, The Family Ghost, Abigail, Welcome Home, The Invisible Guests, Tea, At The Graves, Sleepless Nights, Eye Of The Witch and Burn.

The lyrics are great, classical King Diamond lyrics, mostly about his crazy grandma. The guitar work fits percfectly with the songs. King Diamond uses alot if his high pitch screaming vocals, and throws in some deeper vocals also.

This is my favorite King Diamond album. I also own "The Graveyard," but this is much better. I love everything about this album, but especially the guitar solos, Laroque uses a lot of harmonics, and whammy bar action. I would definately buy this album off eBay for $8 again.

UnknownHero 666
    tbarrettl wrote: One of the Great Thrash Bands, I like this CD.
    King Diamond is from The First Wave of Black Metal era not thrash... he inspired thrash bands