Aha Shake Heartbreak review by Kings of Leon

• Released: Dec 16, 2004
Kings of Leon: Aha Shake Heartbreak

Ever since I've heard their single, "The Bucket" and "Four Kicks," I knew I was gonna like this band. So I went to the music store and picked this up and all I have to say is wow. I'm really impressed with this CD and their overall sound. Their sound is mellow garage type with a little funky attitude placed in it.

The frontman Caleb Followill voice is very different from what you hear. He sounds a little weird at first but when I heard the whole album I thought he's a pretty good lyricist. Caleb makes catchy rhyming schemes and funny lyrics, like "Four Kicks" which is about some bar fight. He sounds calm during the whole album and with a good rhythm to it.

Compared to the other garage bands like The Strokes, The Hives and all of them, Kings Of Leon is my favorite. They're one of a kind and I don't think no one else can compare to or be like them. Songs that I especially liked in this album are "King Of The Rodeo," "Taper Jean Girl," "Soft," "Velvet Snow" and "Four Kicks." If this album were lost of stolen I would definitely buy it again. Aha Shake Heartbreak was totally worth the money and I'm happy with it.

josh w c
    interesting album, not as good as because of the times or youth and young manhood but king of the rodeo and soft are awesome songs
    wouldyakindly
    Just about pips Youth and Young Manhood to be the best Kings of leon album. The other two are barely worth comparing, Because of the times is 40% filler and Only by the night is 100% lukewarm power ballads.
    babyfratellikid
    definately their best album, just ahead of youth and young manhood, and probably one of the best albums ever written. it's difficult to say every song from because of the times is amazing, you can tell half of the songs are half hearted, but still a really good album. as for only by the night, another amazing album, but although it has a really good feel and sound about it, it isn't as good as the old stuff when they're compared.