Come Around Sundown review by Kings of Leon

• Released: Oct 15, 2010
  • Reviewer's score: 4.7 Poor
Kings of Leon: Come Around Sundown

Very little positives about the sound of this album. The guitar is fairly subdued and miserable (with the exception of radioactive and pyro). There is very little difference in sound between each song and isn't hugely exciting to listen to. Very disappointed by the sound of this album, only by the night was so much more lively and interesting. The story is cheesy and unamusing.

The lyrics were fairly dull and repeatative. There was little if any connection from song to song. Hugely disappointed with the lyrics. Calebs singing however was as good as it always is and would sound so much better if the songs had more substance to them.

Very disappointed by this album, I love Kings Of Leon and rushed to the shops to get this album. I was hugely disappointed by the lack of variation from song to song and was frustrated by the lack of imagination. Compared to only by the night this album is put to shame it has very little substance and is not worth buying. The only songs I would rate highly are radioactive and pyro, every other song sounds the same. If it were stolen/lost, would I buy it again? no I'd spend my money on Danger Days by My Chemical Romance instead as it's much more varied and exciting.

dmalee
    KOL kick ass! everyone has gotta relax about Only by the Night and seriously Come Around Sundown is brilliant. Listen to the lyrics and the awesome riffs and you have to love it. The only two songs I dont feel that excited about are back down south and beach side. everything else is golden. Give it another couple listens and you'll fall in love with this album
    guitarjim518
    album kciks ass. right now best songs: pyro,mary,no money, and birthday but they are all good
    ashleyjmiles
    In my opinion, KOL's best album yet! I think it tops Only By the Night, certainly not commercially, but certainly musically. I feel that music certainly shouldnt be judged on how many records it sells. Look at Justin Bieber...
    SchwabBAM
    A review that doesn't compare an album to its predecessors and isn't biased toward peoples' familiarity with a band. That's a review who's opinion I'd listen to.
    georgeohill
    This is a very opinionated & biased review. You cannot judge other peoples music preference purely on sales of a certain album.