Live Love In London [DVD] review by King's X

• Released: Jan 1, 2010
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 9
King's X: Live Love In London [DVD]

King's X is a hard rock trio that combines metal, funk, and blues with vocal arrangements that are influenced by gospel and soul music. King's X is comprised of Dug Pinnick (Bass/Vocals), Ty Tabor (Guitar/Vocals), and Jerry Gaskill (Drums/Vocals). This DVD is a prime example of how well their sound is defined and why they are one of the best hard rock trios around.

Content — 10
This DVD was shot at The Electric Ballroom in London, U.K. The tracks are as follows: -Groove Machine -Alright -Pleiades -Move -What Is This? -Lost In Germany -Black Flag -Pray -Dogman -Go Tell Somebody -Julie -Looking For Love -Summerland -Over My Head -It's Love -We Were Born To Be Loved -Goldilox -Visions -Moanjam Extras included on the DVD is a "Behind The Scenes" montage, and live footage from previous King's X shows. It's a straightforward, no frills, DVD. Plus, it comes with a double CD package of the show!

Production Quality — 9
The production quality is very standard. The shots are mostly of the band and some of the crowd. The sound mix sounds like it came right off the board. It is balanced and articulate. The mix focuses on the band and seems to do away with excess crowd noise. It's "Rock Show" quality if you will.

King's X "Live Love In London" is a great DVD to have in your collection. The musicianship is excellent, as well at the chops! This hard rock trio brings a great energy and edge in their live DVD. Any fan of hard rock will appreciate the music this band creates. If you have never heard of King's X, I strongly urge you to go pick up one of their records. Or, buy the DVD and see for yourself!

graag49
    Having a deep love for trios, & having experienced playing in one for many years, King's X is my new favorite, despite the fact that I've come unbelievably late to their party. one of the very few bands that can mix genres & truly come up with something unique, fresh, & frigging powerful. Please listen to them.