Alive! 1975-2000 [Box Set] review by KISS

• Released: Nov 21, 2006
KISS: Alive! 1975-2000 [Box Set]

From disc 1 to disc 4, Kiss show why they are the hottest band in the world! Disc 1 being the breakthrough for KISS on alive is thunderous all the way with Gene and Paul trading vocals on songs like the Duece, Strutter, Parasite and Rock And Roll All Night, these songs still remain staples in Kiss setlist to the present day, Alive is one of the best live album if not the Best. Disc 2 is the the follow up to Alive, with Alive II Kiss show that Alive wasn't a fluke and they are briliant Live muscians, From the opening riff of Detroit Rock city to the fast pace of making love to sweet balled of beth to the dark feel of god of thunder to Shock Me this album is a great follow up for Alive! Disc 3 was 16 years in the making, From the first screeching guitar on Creatures of the night, people no that Kiss Alive III is an album to take notice of, Without Ace or Peter Kiss was still strong and Loud after 20 years in the buisness, with get songs from the make-up era mixed in with non make-up albums Alive III is Kiss at there best, disc 4 is a unrealesed Live album recorded live on December 31st 1999/2000, with the original members on this album it sounds great but it doesnt't hold up to the first 3 alives with a lot of the songs already been on the previous 3 alives, the only two tracks that are new are Psycho Circus and the Spacemans In To The Void which sounds briliant Live. In genral this is a great box set, with a comerative Book with rare pictures, this is a must have for Kiss fans.

The lyrics on Alive! are all great, most of the songs on the album have remain Kiss staples in there live concerts, the band still sounds rough but they are all getting stronger singers, Alive II is Paul at the top as the best lead singer in rock, Gene is also made his vocals fit his charecter better, this is the only Alive to have a studio side of new materail, Alive III is Kiss at the best, Paul is an amazing singer and if you don't believe me listen to I Still Love You, Gene is all so at his best on this tour with songs like Unholy Domino and I love it Loud, Alive IV is strong singing from them all but it's a lot of the same songs we have heard.

As I have already said this is a great box set, with a comerative book with rare pictures. This is a must have for Kiss fans. They could of made a few changes like adding the umplugged show and the symphoney show. They could of also played diffrent songs on Alive IV, but this is a great gift for any Kiss fan.

Hart_Attack
    don't forget peter, after the 1996 release of the unplugged album, which i honestly feel should have been on there but after that release peter was just happy to play the music he helped create. thats a real ****in' musician. oh and Ace is God!
    blues_guitarist
    Also, doesn't it seem that Ace was the down to earth member who was always having fun? The rest seemed like they played in a band because they only wanted girls and money, Ace just loved the guitar.
    blues_guitarist
    Maybe if Ace wasn't wasted all the time, he would've been more of a 'Guitar God'. On the other hand, maybe without it, he wouldn't been Ace? If you watch him on some of the early live videos, you'll notice that he was tapping when Van Halen was playing backyards in Southern Cal. And he also used an MXR Flanger quite a bit, before Van Halen. I wonder if it's possible that when Gene was trying to launch VH, if Eddie didn't become a little inspired by Ace. After all, so many others did. Ace is cool and I'd like to see a new solo album.
    DaveGilmour1189
    and the extra show is Alive IV, recorded in sydney in 2000. Its basically a boxed set of all their live discs they've relased. that isn't a money making scam. Its a boxed set. Its not like they've released 4 greatest hits cd's with the same songs.
    metallicaPOOS
    darkesthour231 wrote: Kiss sucks
    ok bud i got it, u dont like kiss.
    Campbell22 wrote: metallicaPOOS wrote: all this album really is is alive 1,2,3 and an extra show. the extra show and the booklet insert are the only new things.im a huge kiss fan, but this just shows gene's money making schemes I don't understand people like you man, society is based on money, it's normal that you want to make more... even if I don't like sell-out artist like Green Day, it's about making cash those day's...
    lol. i ****ing love money! im just saying gene releases albums to get, money which pisses me off.
    Stop Messin'
    OMG i seen this at Wal-Mart yesterday and almost cried it was $37 and all i had was $20
    jahyarain
    "I don't understand people like you man, society is based on money, it's normal" no it's not and no it's not. it's capitalism and it is evil. having said that, did anyone else catch the line "the fast pace of making love to sweet balled"?
    Joker 21
    One of the hottest bands in rock history has come out with every song they have ever released!!!!!
    Campbell22
    metallicaPOOS
    British Josh
    I want to start out saying, KISS rules. But in all honesty, Gene Simmons really is in it for the money. His bass skills are below par and he's got everything from kiss t-shirts to ****ing condoms. Ace Frehely inspired me to pick up the guitar. He is a god. Well, sort of. If he wasn't wasted