Crazy Nights review by KISS

• Released: Sep 18, 1987
KISS: Crazy Nights

When I listen to Kiss, I hear that unique sound they have whether it be the great solos by Bruce Kulick or the smooth vibrato in Paul Stanley's voice. This album was released in September 1988 when the bands line up consisted of Eric Carr on drums, Bruce Kulick on lead guitar, Gene Simmons on bass and Paul Stanley on rhythm guitar. The bands sound and style on this album was different from that in the '70s. Although Peter Criss and Ace Frehley were not in the band when this album was released it still delivers well with Bruce Kulick and Eric Carr.

Overall the lyrics on the album are good and well thought out. The lyrics to songs such as 'Reason To Live' and 'Crazy Crazy Nights' fit well with the mood of the music. The skills of the singing on the album are great especially the high notes Paul Stanley can reach.

I believe this album is one of the best albums Kiss have produced. It is one of my favourites along side of 'Animalize' and 'Creatures of the Night'. I think the most impressive songs on the album are 'Crazy Crazy Nights', 'Reason To Live' and 'Turn on the Night'. The thing I love about this album is the different sound it has compared to the other albums they have produced. I also like the guitar skill Bruce Kulick has. If I had to buy the album again I would, because it is definetly one of the best CDs in my collection and also one of the most popular CDs I listen to. I recommend this album to anyone.

MaggaraMarine
    IMO this album may be their best arranged album. To me their older 80s songs were kind of generic when it comes to structure and sound. But on this album they did something different. So to me from a songwriting point of view this is a pretty good album. But it's not classic Kiss and that's why I also think the band (Paul and Gene) don't really like this album. It's a pretty good pop rock album. But is it a good Kiss album? I still enjoy their arrangements. IMO better than most of their other 80s stuff that I have heard. It's a good 80s rock album.
    Sloopy
    Yeah! This album is da bomb, cant believe they followed it up with 'Hot in the Shade.' Anyways nice review PM me to join the KISS Army UG Regiment you seem like the perfect candidate.