Creatures Of The Night review by KISS

• Released: Oct 10, 1982
KISS: Creatures Of The Night

This album is a great rock classic that was lost in time. Kiss sounds great with Eric Carr on the drums and Vinnie Vincent actually does a good job on guitar. This is a very great Kiss album that displays the songwriting talents they possess. It is a straight foward rock album but also includes a ballad or two. It's also the last album they made before removing their makeup.

Gene and Paul do a great job as usual. The lyrics are based on sex, love, and rock and roll. They use the right singer in the right songs. Gene sings the lower key songs, while Paul sings the higher and more difficult stuff. The lyrics for I Still Love You are very moving. The main focus of the words for the album are all about power and rock.

This is one of my favorite Kiss albums. Even though both Ace and Peter are gone, it's still great. Eric Carr (RIP) is one of the greatest drummers of all time, and Vinnie Vincent, well, he does good. The best songs are Creatures of the Night, I Still Love You, War Machine, and Rock and Roll Hell. It's a great rock album that shows why there are still so many members of the Kiss Army. If it were stolen, someone would get hurt. Bad.

ibanez87
    It's great a album. Vinnie only played on a few songs. He toured with them but all kinds of guitarists played on the album like Adam Mitchell and Bob (Bruce's brother) Kulick.
    swave75
    This is my favorite KISS album. Period. I know Ace and Peter were gone but who cares. Since I am a card carrying member of the KISS Army I got my rights! This is their heaviest album. I read Paul said he thought it better than Lick It Up. Every song on it blows me away still. Great review.
    genolk
    Shredder Guitar
    MaggaraMarine
    Shredder Guitar wrote: genolk wrote: I don't see why comments like "if it were stolen, someone would get hurt. Bad." are necessary. You are writing a review, not a hate column. when writing a review, it asks the question of what you would do if it was stolen. settle down.
    I don't think it's necessary to answer that question, especially when you usually copy the songs to your PC. So there's really no need to buy another one, unless it's an LP. But CD... Just digital stuff. It's almost the same if you have them on your computer or on the CD. Though it's cool if you have a good collection of CDs. But still, no CD is that important to me that I would buy it again if it were lost or stolen.
    ace man
    Sure its not destroyer or Alive, but its a solid heavy rock album that kicks some ass when it needs to.