Destroyer review by KISS

• Released: Mar 15, 1976
KISS: Destroyer

The overall sound of this record for a 70's era album is quiet nice. The effects are a plus in songs like Detroit Rock City, God Of Thunder and Do You Love Me. Bob Ezrin is a true genius behind the board. The guitars are up in the mix; as they should be and the vocals by Paul, Gene and Peter sound amazing. This is not my favorite Kiss album, but it has moments of Pure Brillence.

I'd like to start by saying Paul Stanley really broke out on the lyrics on this album. Tracks like Detroit Rock City, Do You Love me and Flaming Youth are a true statement to how he can see what inside of the fans and sing what they believe in. Bob Ezrin worked well with the guys on the lyrics and made a great mix of arrangement. The vocal talents of mr. Stanley come through on many of the tracks, and Gene started to develope a vocal on this album. To end the best track is beth which is the first true power ballad and peter criss finally got his due as a first rate vocalist.

This album ranks among the best in the hard rock Gene. The song writing amazing the guys sing about what all of us teenagers and young people were thinkin about at that time. Does it have the impact of alive? No, but it stands the test of time as a true gem. This would be an album I'd take to a deserted island. I really have no complaints I think it just rocks.