Love Gun review by KISS

• Released: Jun 17, 1977
  • Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
KISS: Love Gun

The album sound was alright. I mean the rhythm guitar and bass on some tracks gets lost but thats not completely usual for a hard rock band. The sound on every track seems very over done.

The lyrics are definatley the worst of Kiss' career. They are so repititive and rushed. This album definatley marked the peak of Kiss' popularity. Gene Simmons usually writes catchy hooks and lyrics on every album but he seemed to come up short at the time. Paul Stanley's vocals on Then She Kissed Me are flat and also sound rushed. Please you guys, your better than this.

This album has almost no comparison, to the true rock 'n' roll gems in their catalogue like Destroyer, Alive! and Hotter Than Hell. I can't stand that cover they did called Then She Kissed Me, it's just so un-Kiss. It's almost as if they picked a cover song for the album just because it has the word Kiss in it! Overall the album was a miss for Kiss! Best song - Love Gun. Worst song - Then She Kissed Me.

Crimson Ghost
    Kiss is AWESOME, but it sucks that psycho circus got a higher rating than love gun. It's not the best kiss album, but it kicks ass
    hoodscrub317
    Love gun may not be the best kiss record but it should be the most important record of all their records. and here is why, until Love Gun, only peter paul and gene sang the songs, but this record gives us the birth of Mr. Ace ****ing Frehley on lead vocals and you can't tell me that Shock me isnt the best song on the album shock me and love gun are probably the best solos kiss or ace has ever written, its obvious that shock me is considering it made it into the top 100 greatest guitar solos of all time. i personally like love gun more then destroyer becasue i thought destroyer sounded a little more studio then their other records and kiss is all about rocking not orchestrated synth crap. love gun gets a 7 and half.