Until The End review by Kittie

• Released: Jul 27, 2004
Kittie: Until The End

I was a little shocked at how good this album sounded. I for one thought I would end up like the black metal you hear today: crappy and untalented. But Morgan really shows promise on the guitar. Mercedes really shines through as a drummer, her beats truly enticed me. This band has shown some amazing talent, and I for one am now a fan.

Not all that much to say about the lyrics, just your general heavy metal stuff. Many of the songs were touching, others seemed to be just filler. I was taken away by Morgan's vocals. When I popped in the CD, I never expected the guttural, cat-like squawl that came on songs like "Look So Pretty" and "Pussy Sugar." But I enjoyed her clearer, more human voice on songs like "Until The End" and "Into The Darkness." I was impressed, although sometimes I couldn't help but laugh.

This album surely tops most of the black metal of today. Although the guitar is fairly simple, it is not just palm-mutes and power chords. It mixes in nicely with the vocals and drums, and although there was screaming, you didn't just get a bunch of roars in there. "Into The Darkness" was probably my favorite track. Morgan has a very sultry voice when she's not pushing what vocal limits we have set for females. And live, the addition of Lisa Marx is very enjoyable. Mercedes is a great drummer, and I enjoyed the way she started off songs like "Career Suicide" and "In Dreams." This has definitely been an album worth listening to.