Greatest Hits Vol. 1 review by Korn

• Released: Oct 5, 2004
Korn: Greatest Hits Vol. 1

The music on this album is absolutely amazing. It really showcases what an awesome metal or hard rock band Korn are. From the metal tracks taken from Take A Look In The Mirror (Right Now, Did My Time & Y'all Want A Single) to the experimental tracks from The Untouchables (Here To Stay, Alone I Break) to the more familiar korn from both Issues & Follow The Leader (Trash, Somebody Someone, Make Me Bad, Falling Away From Me & Got The Life, Freak On A Leash) and finally to the very early Korn On Life Is Peachy & their self titled debut Korn (Twist, A.D.I.D.A.S, Shoots & Ladders, Clown & Blind) there is even two cover tracks at the start of the album Word Up (Cameo Cover) & Another Brick In The Wall (Pink Floyd Cover )so you definatley get value for money and a good mix of sounds on this album.

I have always been a fan of Korn lyrics. They are dark and very easy to relate to in some cases. The lyrics always seem to suit the music perfectly and I guess this is what drew me to Korn in the first place. In my opinion I think Jonathan Davis has a very distinctive & maybe one of the best voices in metal music today.

Being a greatest hits CD I cant say it is Korn best album but it definatley has almost all of Korns songs on it making it one of the best greatest hits CD's to come out this year. I think the most impressive tracks on the album are: Freak On A Leash, Make Me Bad, Falling Away From Me, Y'all Want A Single & Another Brick In The Wall. If this cd were stolen or lost I would not hesitate to buy it again I think Korn are definatley one of the best bands around.