Greatest Hits Vol. 1 review by Korn

• Released: Oct 5, 2004
Korn: Greatest Hits Vol. 1

This is a collection of the most well known (all the singles basically) Korn songs, spanning their whole 10 year career with epic, I think they released it to finally get out the 7 album deal (it was not only for that reason, they did want to release it anyway). The sound should be familar to any Korn fan, Loud, hard and angry. As the title suggests, it is a greatest hits collection not their best songs (unlike Manson's lest we forget), but I love every korn song anyway, so it doesn't really matter. The album comes with two fantastic covers, Pink Floyd's "Another Brick In The Wall" which is great and is the first time we hear Korn play a solo on an album (if you see them live Munky or Head will usually play a few bars of shread) and Cameos "Word Up" I love the orginal (80's pop is one of my favourite genres), but Korn do word up and another brick in the wall justice!

I love Korn's lyrics, the latest studio album (Take A Look In The Mirror) didn't have the korn lyrics I was looking for, don't get me wrong I love all that album, I just think the lyrics was very inarticulate. Anyway back to this album. The lyrics are very good and really well sung. Jonathan Davis has a unnique singing voice that I love.

If your new to Korn and don't know were start, or want a Korn compliation, buy this now. I am only giving an overall rating of 3 because there are boxsets's much better then this (not song wise, just has loads of extras etc).